Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nobuyoshi Araki Photography

Nobuyoshi Araki  is a Japanese photographer and contemporary artist.
Photo by Nobuyoshi Araki, 1985


Sentimental Journey by Nobuyoshi Araki

"Sentimental Journey" is a visual diary by Nobuyoshi Araki  includes photographs of his wife Yoko by the time of her death. Araki says about the above photo, "The Last Shake hand", taken at the moment when she died. Most emotional still he had ever taken.
"Maybe I only had a relationship with her as a photographer, not as a partner. If I hadn’t documented her death, both the description of my state of mind and my declaration of love would have been incomplete. I found consolation in unmasking lust and loss, by staging a bitter confrontation between symbols. After Yoko’s death, I didn't want to photograph anything but life – honestly. Yet every time I pressed the button, I ended up close to death, because to photograph is to stop time. I want to tell you something, listen closely: photography is murder."- Araki

Björk by Araki

Nobuyoshi Araki- Series Sexteen (1969)
Mon journal d’été -My summer diary
Black and white photography with acrylic paint 


Yoko Araki death (1990)


2 comments:

  1. this guy is amazing .. check out this interview - http://www.vice.com/read/nobuyoshi-araki-118-v15n7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You...There is a documentary about him Arakimentari

    ReplyDelete