Friday, February 15, 2013

Full Beauty Project

Full Beauty Project
Photographer: Yossi Loloi

Artist's Statement:

In my work I portray what larger women represent to me. I focus on their fullness and femininity, as a form of protest against discrimination set by media and by today’s society.
What larger women embody to me is simply a different form of beauty. I believe we own ‘freedom of taste’ and one shouldn’t be reluctant of expressing his inclination towards it. Limiting this freedom is living in a dictatorship of aesthetics.
I believe there are several ways to what is perceived as beauty, it is not measurable and has not got a standard size.
I photograph my models nude and serene, to create a comfortable, proud and constructive representation of themselves in front of the viewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment